CEC10 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

PDF Manuals, Data Sheets, and Press Releases can be found in the MPL Documentation area of this homepage.

Question #248: The RESET LED is blinking. What's wrong?
Answer: This means that the internal power supply of the SBC has detected an overload or even short-circuit condition on one of its power rails.

Please follow the steps below:
  • Disconnect the power, wait 10 seconds, then reconnect the power again.
  • If this doesn't help, disconnect the power, remove all cables and/or add-on cards (especially the ones which may have been recently installed or changed) except the power cord and reconnect the power again.
  • If there is no blinking RESET LED, try to isolate the culprit by reconnecting / reinstalling all the previously disconnected / removed items one after the other.
  • If the problem persists, the system needs most probably to be returned to MPL for a detailed analysis.

Question #247: My MPL SBC does not [boot|start] up. What can I do?
Answer: First of all, what precisely is meant by "does not [boot|start] up"?

Is the system not powering up at all or is there some reaction / output from the BIOS/bootloader, but no operating system is loaded or started?

If it is the former, please do the following:
  • check the status indicators (LEDs) if any.
  • press the power button if available.
  • check the power supply, cabling and fuse.
If it is the latter, please do the following:
  • try to boot the system from a known good bootable media (CD/DVD, USB, network, ...).
  • check the integrity and status of the default boot media. Replace the boot media if necessary.
  • if the software and/or hardware has been changed recently, retract the change(s).
  • recover the system from a backup.

Please note that the above is just a rough list of things to check and try. Please use the corresponding manual for detailed information and precise instructions for a particular MPL product.

Question #228: I observe power-up problems or sudden, unmotivated resets of the MPL SBC during normal operation. It seems to get worse if an additional add-on card is installed and/or the CPU and/or GPU load is increased.
Answer: Sounds like the external power supply is unable to sustain the highly dynamic power requirements of most modern CPUs.
  • Have you checked that the power supply is suitable for the SBC? Please check the corresponding documentation for details on the power requirements of the SBC in question.
  • Have you tried another, more powerful power supply yet?

Question #248: The RESET LED is blinking. What's wrong?
Answer: This means that the internal power supply of the SBC has detected an overload or even short-circuit condition on one of its power rails.

Please follow the steps below:
  • Disconnect the power, wait 10 seconds, then reconnect the power again.
  • If this doesn't help, disconnect the power, remove all cables and/or add-on cards (especially the ones which may have been recently installed or changed) except the power cord and reconnect the power again.
  • If there is no blinking RESET LED, try to isolate the culprit by reconnecting / reinstalling all the previously disconnected / removed items one after the other.
  • If the problem persists, the system needs most probably to be returned to MPL for a detailed analysis.

Question #247: My MPL SBC does not [boot|start] up. What can I do?
Answer: First of all, what precisely is meant by "does not [boot|start] up"?

Is the system not powering up at all or is there some reaction / output from the BIOS/bootloader, but no operating system is loaded or started?

If it is the former, please do the following:
  • check the status indicators (LEDs) if any.
  • press the power button if available.
  • check the power supply, cabling and fuse.
If it is the latter, please do the following:
  • try to boot the system from a known good bootable media (CD/DVD, USB, network, ...).
  • check the integrity and status of the default boot media. Replace the boot media if necessary.
  • if the software and/or hardware has been changed recently, retract the change(s).
  • recover the system from a backup.

Please note that the above is just a rough list of things to check and try. Please use the corresponding manual for detailed information and precise instructions for a particular MPL product.

Question #351: Since I updated to Linux Kernel 2.6.30 or higher, all I2C peripherals (like temperature sensors or EEPROM) are not working any longer. With an older kernel, everything is working fine.
Answer: Is there a message similar to:
  • "ACPI: I/O resource ... conflicts with ACPI region SMB0"
  • "ACPI Warning: SystemIO range ... conflicts with OpRegion ... (\_SB.PCI0.SBUS.SMBI) "
 present in the kernel log?

If yes, please add "acpi_enforce_resources=lax" to the kernel command line.

Copyright © 1997-2018 MPL AG Elektronikunternehmen, a member of the HT Holding AG  |  Privacy Statement
MPL on LinkedIn    MPL on twitter    MPL on Google+