GUARD Frequently Asked Questions

PDF Manuals, Data Sheets, and Press Releases can be found in the MPL Documentation area of this homepage.

Question #421: I'm unable to establish ethernet communication with the GUARD. What can I do?
Answer: If you are unable to ping the GUARD or open the web interface, please check the following points:

• Is the system powered ("Power LED" is lit green)?
  • Is the system firmware up and runing (Does the "Status LED" blink in a heartbeat like rhythm)?
  • Is the connection between the GUARD and your PC/laptop correctly set up? Please check chapter 2.1 of the "GUARD OpenWrt User Manual" for details. The "LAN LED" of the corresponding ethernet port must be lit.

If there is no improvement, initiate a "factory reset" of the system. Please check chapter 5.1 of the "GUARD OpenWrt User Manual" for details.
As a last resort, do a "reflash" of the firmware. Please check chapter 5.2 of the "GUARD OpenWrt User Manual" for details.

Question #375: What operating system is installed on the GUARD?
Answer: All GUARDs come with OpenWrt preinstalled. This is a Linux based distribution specialized for firewall and routing tasks. For more information about OpenWrt, please check the Documentation and FAQ sections on the OpenWrt homepage.

Question #408:
  • Please provide a list of network protocols suppored by the GUARD?
  • For my application I must use network protocol XYZ. Does the GUARD support protocol XYZ?
Answer:
  • The GUARD software is based on OpenWrt. The list of supported protocols is therefore (more or less) the same as the one of OpenWrt.
  • IIf OpenWrt has support for protocol XYZ, the odds are good that your desired protocol will as be available* on the GUARD.

* Depending on the precise requirements, some additional effort and/or manual configuration may be needed.

Question #378: Do you provide Communications Assistance for Law Enforcement Act (CALEA) functionality for the GUARD?
Answer: No.

Question #376: Is it possible to use some other OS than OpenWrt?
Answer: Certainly. But at the moment, only a Linux kernel is available from MPL AG, so only Linux based ARM operating systems (like, for example, debian) are supported. Please contact MPL support if you need assistance.
 Copyright © 1997-2021 MPL AG Elektronikunternehmen, a member of the HT Holding AG  |  Privacy Statement
MPL on LinkedIn    MPL on twitter