Nov 2015 - Modular and Flexible Embedded Computer Solution
The new activity in IoT and Industry 4.0 requires reliable and flexible solutions to address the different needs in this new universal field. Most embedded computers and controllers are designed to meet a particular specification, but often there are needs for additional or different interfaces, more security, different connectors, or other requirements to meet this new environment.
With products from MPL, these challenging requirements can be addressed easily and cost efficient. All MPL products have a modular design and can be customized with standard modules, adjusted to the needs of the customer
The newly updated PIP30 Family is designed to meet these requirements. The solution not only consists of an embedded computer in a housing, it also can be expanded with many options to meet those special application, using the same base board and BIOS.
Standard features of the Fanless & Rugged PIP30 are:
• Intel CPUs from Single Core to i7 Quad Core
• Power: 8 -36VDC, over-/reverse voltage and load dump protection, input signal
• I/Os: 4 x Intel GigE ports on RJ45, or optionally up to 4 x M12 or fiber optic
- 4 x USB 3.0, 5 x USB 2.0
- 2 x RS232 and additional 2 x RS232/422/485
- 1 x remote power button, reset button, and ignition (for vehicle use)
The base board comes with 4GB soldered ECC DDR3 RAM and can be expanded up 16GB via SO-DIMM slot (depending on version). As mass storage, any on the market available solution can be integrated in the standard housing. The solution comes with two graphic ports as well as audio outputs and can be installed in various housing concepts like DIN-Rail, Flange, 19" Rack, and IP67.
The expansion options of the basic concept allows you to address precisely your needs based on a COTS offering. Some if the add-on options from stock are:
• Integrated UPS System, including an extended temperature version
• RAID Solution up to 4 slots (RAID1, 2, 5, 10)
• Additional four mPCIe slots for WiFi, GPS, LTE, Analog, Digital, Bluetooth, ....
• Additional RS232/422/484 Interfaces (isolated)
• Integration of up to 4 additional PoE+ or fiber LAN port
MPL also offers configurations as OEM version, or cost optimization with depopulation of the function not needed. Further, customization options are: foil and housing, load your image, lock the BIOS or set the BIOS according requirements, wire the interfaces according your needs, install your desired connectors, etc..